Mrs Terri Wyse – Assistant Head Teacher
Mr Andy Chase – Careers and Enterprise Lead
An Enterprise and Reward Scheme linked to real life learning.
We have opened our very own Woodfield Bank, Shop and Recruitment Agency. We have our own currency called Acorns.
We have also be started a very exciting Enterprise project.
Our rationale behind this project is to;
- Motivate and enthuse our students to take responsibility of all areas in their own learning,
- Teach our students the concept of and the relationship between money, work, saving and spending.
How will it work?
All students are able to earn Acorns—our Woodfield currency. Once students have earned their Acorns, they will be encouraged to bank their ‘wages’ by opening an account at the ‘Bank’. They have the opportunity to browse in ‘Woodfield Stores’ to identify items for which they might like to save up for. There will be a range of different priced products and goods on offer in the Woodfield Shop. The new enterprise and reward scheme will be available to all students across the school.
What are the benefits?
- Learning how to understand the connection between the value of money, work and reward, and the potential reward of saving versus the impulse to spend
- Deeper cross curriculum learning—enhanced links with PSD and Life Skills
- New accreditation that is appropriate for all students.
Woodfield Bank, Shop and Recruitment Agency
- The bank, shop and recruitment agency will be open every lunch time 12.25pm – 1pm and every Friday afternoon during PSD and Life skills.
- All students who want to work will undergo real life interview processes.
- Once they complete jobs, they will earn Acorns.
- Students will have pages in their planners linked to the new rewards and savings scheme.
- Year 11 students will email out monthly bank statements to all students.
- Each form will have a bank account to earn and save money as a collective.
- New areas will be available; Horticulture, Woodwork, Multi-trades, catering, floristry.
How do I earn Acorns?
– Completing great work
– Achieving targets
– Working at Woodfield Stores, Recruitment or Bank
– Taking on other jobs around the school
What will the students do in the Enterprise?
- Students will plan, source, make and sell products and goods.
- Students will ensure the accounts are correct and kept up to date.
- Students will manage budget, expenditures and profits.
- At the end of every half term, there will be a sales afternoon and evening for parents to come and buy goods.
For more information please contact Mr Chase or Mrs Wyse